GTIYC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Cutting's got stainless for insert runners

2 posters

Go down

Bill Cutting's got stainless for insert runners Empty Bill Cutting's got stainless for insert runners

Post  US4822 Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:26 pm

I must not think you can have too much going on at one time. So not only do I have some thickness planned wood for building a new hull setting in the shop, but Bill Cutting informed (reminded) me last week that I had some stainless coming for a set of insert runners. Thanks Bill. It's good to have someone with good industrial contacts able to provide some raw materials to club members at a reasonable cost however. Fortunately I scrounged some clear vintage maple lab table tops from a job-site last year so I've got some ready made laminated runner bodies already made up, I've just got to mill them to size Bill may have some stainless insert blade spares if anyone is interested.

US4822
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bill Cutting's got stainless for insert runners Empty Runner Steel

Post  us5430 Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 pm

I will be ordering Runner steel on Thursday or Friday. This will be 316 Stainless 3/16" x 36" long. Laser cut to shape with hloes for pinning to the insert body. They are $50 each and I should have then a few days after I order them. I am ahving then lasered because the heat of the plasma thend to make the steel warp and we want good straight stuff.

us5430
Admin

Back to top Go down