GTIYC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The gluemiester

Go down

The gluemiester Empty The gluemiester

Post  US4822 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 pm

The gluemiester strikes! I was able to get to gluing my side laminates together last night, but first I decided to relieve my kerf area at the stern of the side pieces with a router. This allowed me to clean them up with a sander and pre saturate them with epoxy before I glued the laminates together. A job that would have been impossible after the pieces were joined. this made for a very clean kerf. I first coated the sides with a thin coat of epoxy applied with a bondo spreader and let them set for 20 min. to soak in before I rolled on the glue coat. This left an even coating that had very little bleed out after the pieces were weighted with full length pieces of 1" tube steel as clamps. The placement of the 2 laminate pieces was first held in location with an occasional wire nail from my air trim nailer. Looked great this morning, straight, light and a thin clean and even glue joint after light sanding!

US4822
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum